Divorces can be challenging, especially if your spouse does not agree on the terms of the separation. Contested divorces can be emotionally draining and daunting, take more time to resolve, and can be costly. Choosing to pursue a collaborative divorce can mitigate negative emotions, be more cost-effective, and reduce the stress associated with divorce.
Benefits of seeking a collaborative divorce include:
- You and your spouse control all decisions and terms
- Negotiations are private
- It is less time consuming than a traditional divorce
- It is less expensive than traditional divorce
- Decisions settled upon are legally binding
- Both parties agree to commit to the process
- The process enables positive and productive discussions
- It is less stressful for all parties involved
Collaborative divorce can be an option for divorcing couples who can agree to commit to the process. If you are uncertain whether a collaborative divorce is right for your unique circumstance, speak with a knowledgeable Asheville collaborative divorce family lawyer for guidance surrounding your case.