At King Law, we understand that embarking on a new career is a significant decision, and you may have questions about what to expect during the employment process. To make your journey smoother, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions commonly posed by our valued employment candidates.
Q: Is employment in-person, and what are the working hours?
- A: Employment is in-person. Our standard work hours follow an 8 to 5 schedule, Monday to Friday, with a one-hour lunch break. There are opportunities to earn flex scheduling for some positions.
Q: What benefits are available?
- A: We have a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurances along with PTO and paid holidays. Explore our comprehensive benefits package by visiting our Employee Benefits page.
Q: Is there a possibility of a hybrid work model?
- A: Yes, there are opportunities to earn hybrid work arrangements, ensuring flexibility for employees.
Q: What salary can I expect?
- A: At King Law, our compensation structure is designed to be highly competitive, reflecting the value we place on the expertise and qualifications of our team members. Salaries are determined with an emphasis on relevant education and professional experience, ensuring that our employees are recognized and rewarded appropriately for their skills and contributions.
Q: How frequently are salary evaluations conducted, and how does the timing of these evaluations impact new team members joining in the last quarter of the year?
- A: Salary evaluations, conducted annually in January, recognize your dedication and contributions throughout the year. Our compensation is also influenced by achievements, client satisfaction, teamwork, and work product from the previous year. If you join in the last quarter, the annual review may not apply immediately.
Q: What mentorship and training programs are available for attorneys?
- A: We have a comprehensive onboarding process, including mentorship opportunities, week-long training sessions, and access to various learning resources, including King Law University.
Q: Can practicing attorneys get licensed in another state, and does King Law provide assistance?
- A: Yes, we support attorneys in obtaining licenses in other states and offer assistance throughout the process.
Q: Are there opportunities for pro-bono work?
- A: Presently, each attorney is allowed to manage one pro bono case at a time.
Q: How does career progression work for attorneys?
- A: King Law actively promotes career progression, with many employees experiencing advancement within the initial years of joining the firm. Decisions regarding advancement are contingent upon an employee’s job performance, client satisfaction, and collaboration skills within the team. Leadership qualities are highly valued and sought after for all King Law employees.
Q: Can attorneys start at King Law Offices straight out of law school, especially during the interim period between the bar exam and receiving results?
- A: Yes, we understand the importance of the interim period for recent law school graduates awaiting bar exam results. While we typically don’t commence full roles before receiving bar exam results, we may offer opportunities for individuals to join as law clerks during this period. The start date is contingent on bar exam results, and we remain flexible to accommodate individual circumstances.
Q: Can I switch practice area groups as an attorney at King Law Offices?
- A: Yes, the possibility of switching practice area groups is considered on a case-by-case basis. If there is room for a switch, the involved Practice Area Groups (PAG) will collaborate, and discussions will be held to explore and assess the feasibility of the change.
Q: What locations are available for internships?
- A: Internship opportunities are available at all locations, but positions are limited and fill up rapidly. We recommend specifying your top three preferred locations, and we will make every effort to place you in one of them. An early application is strongly encouraged to secure your spot.
Q: Can interns participate in split summers at King Law Offices?
- A: Currently, we do not offer split summers for interns at King Law Offices. Internships are designed for a continuous and immersive experience during a specified period. If you have any specific concerns or questions regarding internship durations, feel free to reach out to our team for more information.
Q: What are King Law’s aspirations for future growth?
- A: King Law is currently in a phase of growth, with our ten-year plan outlining expansion into multiple southern states. The next state slated for expansion is Tennessee.
Q: What does a typical day look like at King Law Offices?
- A: A typical day varies for different roles. Attorneys and case managers often have scheduled meetings throughout the week, managing various aspects of their caseload. Lead Conversion Specialists typically handle numerous leads and calls as part of their daily responsibilities. Each day brings unique challenges and tasks based on the specific role within the organization.