If you are looking for strong, dependable legal representation in North Carolina, contact the King Law attorneys in Lincolnton. Our reliable team of experienced legal professionals will work with you to develop a case and ensure that your rights, both as a parent and a spouse, are protected every step of the way.
Family Law Services in Lincolnton, North Carolina
At the office of King Law, our team of trial-tested lawyers has years of experience helping Lincolnton clients successfully manage family law cases and divorce proceedings. We understand how sensitive and delicate some cases may be, and our lawyers pride themselves on providing personal attention to each of our client’s cases to ensure they have the best chance of success. Our trusted team offers a variety of services to our North Carolina clients, including assistance with family matters that include:
- Custody and parental rights
- Conventional divorce and collaborative divorce
- Legal separation
- Child support
- Prenuptial agreements
- Grandparent’s rights
- Mediation services
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Property distribution
No family law case is too complex or challenging for the highly trained lawyers at King Law in Lincolnton, North Carolina. Our small-town team has helped thousands of struggling families across the state find a successful resolution to their difficult cases by providing reliable access to a knowledgeable legal professional and strong representation in court.
Lincolnton Divorce and Legal Separation
According to the Encyclopedia of Psychology, 40 to 50 percent of marriages in the United States end in divorce. Although the practice is more common than it has ever been, the legal aspect of filing for a divorce or separation can have devastating effects on the lives of both spouses and their families, especially if children are involved.
King Law proudly offers dedicated legal services to clients who are looking to file for any of the following:
- Traditional divorce: One spouse files a lawsuit against the other. Investigations are conducted to determine the assets of each party and both spouses must submit relevant financial documents as proof. A judge will rule on the custody of any children involved in the case. Records of traditional divorce are part of public records.
- Collaborative divorce: Both spouses sign an agreement to cooperate during all legal proceedings. Marital assets and debts are divided evenly and fairly. Co-parenting and custody guidelines are decided together. Financial and personal information regarding the divorce is kept private and out of public records.
- Legal separation: Married couples in North Carolina who are looking to file for divorce are required to live separately from one another in different places a minimum of one year before they can move forward with their divorce case. No formal document or agreement is necessary, but it may help to strengthen the case.
Typically, the most reasonable action an individual seeking to file for divorce or separation can take is to contact a reliable lawyer with King Law in Lincolnton when seeking information regarding divorce proceedings in North Carolina. Our attorneys will gladly answer questions and outline all the key steps needed to reach a successful dissolution of marriage. At King Law, we understand that no two divorce cases are ever the same, and each of them requires the utmost care and attention from the legal professional handling the proceedings.
North Carolina Child Custody Cases and Agreements
Navigating the complexities of child custody and guardianship cases in Lincolnton can be difficult for families to manage, especially if co-parenting is involved. Ensuring that each parent can be present in the child’s life while protecting the interests of the child can be complicated to manage alone without a family lawyer’s representation and expertise.
During the course of a custody proceeding, a judge will examine different aspects of a child’s development to determine the best course of action for them. This investigation includes the mental and physical health of the child in question, as well as their moral and educational well-being. The lawyers at King Law are prepared to help spouses and parents in Lincolnton, North Carolina plan the most appropriate path towards successful co-parenting after a divorce or legal separation.
Contact a Trusted Family and Divorce Lawyer in Lincolnton, NC
Reports from 2019 showed that 746,971 divorces took place in 2019 across the United States. These legal cases of separating couples are common but devastating for many families, especially those in Lincolnton, North Carolina, which is why the team at King Law is committed to helping families implement significant life changes.
To speak with one of our experienced legal professionals or schedule a consultation for your family or divorce case, contact King Law at (888) 748-KING (5464) or reach out to us online today.