The lawyers at King Law are dedicated to providing award-winning legal representation for misdemeanor and felony criminal charges.
If you are being investigated, accused, or charged with a criminal offense, speak with a skilled criminal defense attorney that will aggressively advocate for you and build a thoughtful defense on your behalf. A conviction can have devastating implications for your future, including a tarnished criminal record, high fines, and potential imprisonment. We help clients navigate the complex legal system and implement strategies for the best outcome for their case.
Why You Should Contact a Forest City, NC Criminal Defense Lawyer
After you have been arrested or accused of a criminal offense, it is best to speak with an experienced Forest City, NC attorney prompt to increase the chances of a favorable outcome down the road. It is important to follow detailed guidelines to ensure you are protected as you build your solid defense.
Consider following these guidelines when you are arrested for criminal charges:
- Exercise your right to remain silent
- Ask to speak with a Forest City, NC criminal defense lawyer
- Speak with a criminal defense attorney before posting bail
- Be respectful and calm when dealing with law enforcement officers
Speak with a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Forest City, NC, to help build a strategic defense and ardently advocate on your behalf to diminish sentencing penalties or drop negative penalties due to your arrest or investigation.
Forest City, NC Felony and Misdemeanor Criminal Arrests
Misdemeanors and felony charges need strong representation from an experienced criminal defense lawyer. When you are facing these negative consequences, they can harshly impact your civil liberties and freedom. A felony conviction may also impact your privilege to own guns, enlist in military service, and more. If the conviction is a sexual offense, you may have to be registered as a sex offender in North Carolina.
The following are potential charges you may be facing:
- Class A felony: The most severe felony offense and can have penalties as severe as the death penalty and life without parole.
- Class 1 felony: This offense may include a prison sentencing of up to 12 months.
- Class A1 Misdemeanor: The most severe misdemeanor offense and has a maximum of 150 days in jail and a fine that is up to a judge’s discretion. This offense includes sexual battery and assault with a deadly weapon.
- Class 1 Misdemeanor: Has a penalty of 120 days in jail and a fine that is up to a judge’s discretion. This offense includes theft, possession of drug paraphernalia, and property damage.
- Class 2 Misdemeanor: Has a penalty of 60 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. This offense includes carrying a concealed weapon, simple assault, and resisting arrest.
- Class 3 Misdemeanor: The least severe misdemeanor offense. This offense has a maximum penalty of 20 days in jail and a $200 fine. These offenses include marijuana possession, concealment of goods, and trespassing.
A Forest City, NC criminal defense attorney can help to navigate the legal complexities of your case and potentially drop or diminish the harsh sentencing you may be facing. Having a knowledgeable attorney fight for you can make a difference in your future and your ability to move forward.
What Cases King Law Criminal Defense Attorneys Help Defend
The legal team at King Law has extensive knowledge and years of experience fighting for clients’ rights and freedom due to misdemeanor and felony charges. We offer clients the expertise to potentially minimize the consequences of a criminal charge and fight for their freedom.
The criminal law charges we defend include:
- Domestic violence and assault
- Drug possession and paraphernalia
- Breaking and entering
If you have been arrested for any of the charges mentioned above, speak with a compassionate and aggressive Forest City, NC criminal defense lawyer for specific guidance on your unique case. We will exhaust all resources to potentially diminish or drop the charges against you.
Speak with a Forest City, NC Criminal Defense Lawyer at King Law
The King Law legal team is dedicated to providing award-winning, compassionate, and aggressive representation for your unique criminal case. In order to build a strategic case that helps diminish the negative consequences you may be facing, we will evaluate all evidence against you and conduct a thorough investigation to argue your defense. We understand how stressful facing a criminal charge alone can be. Let us help with the legal complexities of your criminal case so that you may potentially have charges diminished or dropped.
The King Law criminal defense attorneys are committed to building a professional relationship with you and earning your trust each day so that you may be confident in our advocacy of your case. We will fight to diminish or drop your charges, so you move forward. Call (888) 748-5464 (KING) or fill out our contact form to get in touch and discuss your options.