While felonies typically receive harsher penalties, being charged with a misdemeanor is still serious. After an arrest, you may be feeling hopeless and like the entire legal system is against you. However, that is not the case. To get help with your criminal defense case in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, contact a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible.
King Law is a criminal defense law firm with experience helping clients who have been arrested for crimes in Kings Mountain. Our goal is to build strong relationships with our clients so that we can provide them with the personalized and trusted legal services they deserve. We believe that no one should have to go through the criminal defense process on their own. That is why we are passionate about helping our clients through every step of building a strong defense case in hopes of helping them get the charges against them reduced or dropped.
What Are the Most Common Penalties for Crimes in North Carolina?
When you are arrested for a crime, you may be charged with either a misdemeanor or a felony. The deciding factors for which charge you will face may include your criminal record, the nature of the crime, if a deadly weapon was used, and if anyone was hurt during the crime. Regardless of whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, the consequences are likely to be severe. However, if you are charged with a felony, you may be facing more serious legal repercussions for your crime. Some of the most common penalties for crimes committed in North Carolina include:
- Costly fines
- Court fees
- Permanent record
- Jail time
- Prison time
Even if this is your first offense and you are facing minor penalties, there is still an opportunity to have the charges against you reduced or dropped. To get help with your criminal defense case, contact one of the knowledgeable criminal defense lawyers at King Law.
Common Criminal Defense Cases in Kings Mountain
At King Law, we handle a wide variety of different criminal defense cases. Whether you are facing a misdemeanor or a felony charge, our trusted legal team has the experience to help you with your defense. Some of the criminal defense cases we handle at King Law are:
- Assault: This crime may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the details of the case. The factors that may decide the way you are charged include your criminal record and whether you used a deadly weapon during the crime.
- Breaking and Entering: If you are arrested for breaking and entering in Kings Mountain, you may be facing serious penalties. If a deadly weapon was used during the crime, you will likely be facing a felony charge.
- Domestic Violence: Due to the inherently violent nature of this crime, if you are accused of domestic violence, you may be facing severe penalties.
- Drug Possession and Paraphernalia: If you were found to be in possession of illegal drugs and paraphernalia, you may be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony in North Carolina. If you are in possession of certain drugs like heroin or cocaine, you may be charged with a felony regardless of whether or not this is your first offense.
- DWI: If you were arrested for driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol, you may be facing a severe penalty like jail time or license suspension depending on the details of your case.
- Fraud and White Collar Crimes: While these types of crimes are not typically violent in nature, if you are arrested for fraud or a white collar crime, you may still face a felony. Fraud and white collar crimes include bank fraud, mail and wire fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering.
- Theft and Robbery: Based on your criminal history, the details of the crime, and whether a deadly weapon was used, you may be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony if you are arrested for theft or robbery in Kings Mountain.
No matter the degree of severity for the crime of which you are accused, the experienced criminal defense lawyers have the knowledge to help build your defense.
Contact a Kings Mountain, North Carolina Criminal Defense Lawyer
Being arrested for a crime can have negative impacts on a person’s life. If you have been arrested in Kings Mountain, you may be feeling overwhelmed as you try to decide what your next steps should be. To get help with your criminal defense case, contact a Kings Mountain criminal defense lawyer.
King Law is an award-winning criminal defense law firm with experience helping clients who have been arrested for misdemeanor or felony crimes in North Carolina. Our legal team is passionate about providing our clients with the personalized and trusted representation they deserve. To schedule a consultation with one of our Kings Mountain criminal defense lawyers, contact us here or call (888) 748-5464.