Ashley Lorance is a Senior Associate at King Law with her home office based at King Law’s Gastonia, NC location. She has been practicing primarily Family Law since 2010. She is a N.C. Board Certified Family Law Specialist and a NCDRC Certified Family Financial Mediator.
Ashley enjoys helping people, and she loves bringing clients relief from whatever legal problems they are facing. Ashley takes pride in providing attentive and approachable legal representation to meet her clients’ individual needs. She strives to resolve cases amicably and efficiently outside of court wherever possible.
Ashley grew up in Gaston County, N.C. Before practicing law, she lived and worked in several different countries, including France, Germany and Scotland. While not practicing law, she enjoys reading, traveling, and being active in nature. She lives with her husband and two children in Germany, where she will be working remotely.
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, J.D., cum laude
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Gaston County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Certified Family Financial Mediator – N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission
- N.C. Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- What to Do When One Parent Wants to Relocate,” March 2012, Generally Speaking
- Modification of a Foreign Child Custody Order Under the UCCJEA When Multiple States Are Involved, Aug. 7, 2017, NCBA Blog.
- Advocacy in Child Support Contempt Cases, Panelist, 2018 Child Support Enforcement: Representing Respondents, UNC-School of Government and Office of Indigent Defense Services
Civic and Community Involvement:
- Board Member and Chair of Service Projects, Gastonia Evening Rotary Club, 2012-2014
- Board Member, Alliance for Children and Youth, Communities in Schools (Gaston), 2012-2015
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Family Law Section Chair, 2014-15
- Board Member, Samantha’s House
- Advisory Council Member, Legal Aid of North Carolina