Brian started King Law in 2002, in a two-room office above a bar. He had the vision to create a firm that was built around business principles and taking care of clients. It is under Brian’s leadership the firm has grown from a small community firm to one of the largest and fastest-growing firms in the Carolinas.
Brian has always called Western North Carolina home and has always considered taking care of the community as a natural role of the small-town lawyer. As King Law has grown in locations and numbers, that vision has never changed.
Brian is a member of the North Carolina and South Carolina Bars, and in 2009 became a Family Law Specialist. (North Carolina Bar Board of Specialization).
He has served as the attorney for the Rutherford County Department of Social Services, and the McDowell County Department of Social Services, been a member of the North Carolina Child Support Council. He is a sought after and consistent speaker at various Continuing Legal Education events. He has spoken across the country at legal conferences and has a network of attorneys across the country that call on him for legal business advice.
Brian is a proud father and understands the dynamics of family law as an attorney and as a client.
He has been elected as President of the Judicial District Bar and has served in various legal leadership positions. Brian has been involved in several Court of Appeals cases, with important and often referenced opinions.
Community involvement within surrounding counties is also important to Brian as he actively serves and supports several local organizations.
- Adjunct Faculty at Isothermal Community College
- Board of Directors/Past-President Rutherford Life Services
- The Robert & Janice McNair Educational Foundation Mentor
- McDowell County Chamber of Commerce Guest Speaker
- Past President 29A Judicial Bar
- Past President of Judicial District 41
- Secretary of Rutherford County Bar Association
- Board Member at Kidsenses
- The American Society of Legal Advocates Top 100 Family Law Attorneys for 2016
- Brian co-authored the book “Navigating Adoption and Surrogacy Laws”, published by Astapore, a Thomas Reuters business, in 2014 (available on Amazon).