Brian W. King is the senior partner and managing attorney of King Law. Attorney King’s primary practice area is family law. He has been practicing law for more than a decade and is a lifelong resident of Rutherford County, North Carolina. Brian is a member of the North and South Carolina bars and maintains active cases in both states. Brian is a graduate of Campbell Law School and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
In 2009, Brian became a North Carolina Certified Family Law Specialist. He is one of a small select group of North Carolina Family Law attorneys who have achieved this distinction. This recognition requires an extensive peer-review process and a separate North Carolina State Bar exam. (North Carolina Bar Board of Specialization).
Brian W. King is married to his beautiful wife, Jill. They have four wonderful children, Jordan, Luke, Madison, and Caroline. Brian enjoys every minute of life as a devoted husband and loving father. In addition to maintaining a busy private practice, he has served as the attorney for the Rutherford and McDowell County Departments of Social Services, fighting abuse and neglect in the community. Brian has also served as a member of the North Carolina Child Support Council and has presented Continued Legal Education for his fellow attorneys, including case reviews classes on new and developing law. He has been elected as President of the Judicial District Bar, and has served in various legal leadership positions. Brian has been involved in several Court of Appeals cases, with important and often referenced opinions.
Community involvement within surrounding counties is also important to Brian as he actively serves and supports several local organizations.
- Adjunct Faculty at Isothermal Community College
- Board of Directors/Past-President Rutherford Life Services
- The Robert & Janice McNair Educational Foundation Mentor
- McDowell County Chamber of Commerce Guest Speaker
- Past President 29A Judicial Bar
- Past President of Judicial District 41
- Secretary of Rutherford County Bar Association
- Board Member at Kidsenses
- The American Society of Legal Advocates Top 100 Family Law Attorneys for 2016
- Brian co-authored the book “Navigating Adoption and Surrogacy Laws”, published by Astapore, a Thomas Reuters business, in 2014 (available on Amazon).