John B. Crotts is a Partner at King Law. He currently practices primarily in the areas of wills and estates, elder law, business law, municipal law, civil litigation, and criminal law. In addition to many other individual and corporate clients, John currently represents several municipal and local government entities, including the Town of Spindale, Town of Bostic, Chimney Rock Village, Broad River Water Authority, Town of Ruth and Forest City Housing Authority. John is a native of Rutherford County, North Carolina and stays very active in his community. He is a member of Adaville Baptist Church in Spindale where he is a Sunday school teacher. John also serves on the Board of Directors for the Rutherford County Juvenile Crime Prevention Council and previously served on the Board of Directors for Foothills Credit Counseling, Inc. John lives in Spindale with his beautiful wife, Lauren, their sons and daughter, John David, Jude and Eliza.
- Juris Doctorate degree, graduated with honors (cum laude), Appalachian School of Law, Grundy, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science Degree, major in criminal justice, minor in sociology
- Associates Degree in criminal justice from Isothermal Community College in Spindale, NC
- Competed on Moot Court Competition team in law school where he traveled and competed against other law schools and also had the opportunity to argue before Justices of the Virginia and West Virginia Supreme Courts
- Member of the North Carolina State Bar, South Carolina State Bar, and North Carolina Bar Association
- Previously served as the President of the 29-A Judicial District Bar
- Published Opinion: Richards v. Jolley, 703 S.E.2d 467 (2010)