Isabel Carson is an Associate attorney with King Law. She currently works out of the firm’s Polk County office, but seeks to serve individuals, businesses, and communities across greater western North Carolina.
Isabel hails from Amelia Court House, a rural town in south central Virginia. She moved to the mountains of western North Carolina to earn her Bachelor of Arts in Literature from the University of North Carolina at Asheville, and has since developed a love for the communities and geography of Southern Appalachia. Isabel later attended Charlotte School of Law where she graduated summa cum laude and received Dean’s List honors every semester. During law school, she was very active in the Civil Rights Clinic, where she participated in municipal legislative initiatives, engaged with Community-Police relations, and served as a hearing officer for the Charlotte Housing Authority. Isabel’s rigorous work ethic and passion to serve influence every interaction with her clients and community. Practice areas of interest include: Criminal defense, Civil litigation, Family and Domestic, Business planning, Estate planning, among others.
In her free time, Isabel enjoys backpacking, tennis, community work, spending time with family, playing with her dog, cooking, and discovering new favorite books.
Education & Distinctions
• UNC Asheville, Bachelor of Arts, Distinction in Literature
• Charlotte School of Law, Juris Doctor, summa cum laude
• Editor in Chief, Charlotte Law Review
• Competitor in Billings Exum & Frye National Moot Court Competition & NYCBA National Moot Court Competition
• Competitor in 21st Annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria where she argued against international competitors in front of distinguished international arbitral tribunals
• 2013-14 Practice Ready Student of the Year
• Member of North Carolina State Bar and North Carolina Bar Association